Nerwa is a town in the Chaupal of Himachal Pradesh, India. It is around 120 km (75 mi). from Shimla and 26 km (16 mi) from Chaupal and lies on the border of Uttaranchal and Himachal Pradesh. It is situated by a small river known by the name Shalvi.
Chopal or Chaupal located in Shimla District, is at an altitude of 2328 m above sea level. Surrounded by forest of deodar trees and with snow clad peaks forming the backdrop, the town of Chopal is dotted with wood and slate houses. It is one of the starting points of the trek to the Churdhar peak. An old temple dedicated to Lankra Bir (Bhairon) is above Chopal. Sarain, a nearby place, houses the Bijjat Temple. Chopal is about 100 km southeast of Shimla. Chaupal is located at 30°57′N 77°35′E / 30.95°N 77.58°E. It has an average elevation of 2350;metres (7710 feet).
Demographics: As of 2005 India census, Chaupal had a population of 6786. Males constitute 58% of the population and females 42%. Chaupal has an average literacy rate of 77%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; with male literacy of 80% and female literacy of 73%. 13% of the population is under 6 years of age. It is very famous for the production of high quality apples which are exported from India to many countries. It is also famous for tourism.There are many apple growing Balts near Chaupal such as Bamta, Rinjat, Khaddar, Matal, Chanju(Chopal), Throach, kashah, Poria, Rushlah, Dewat, Shilikyan, Shantha, Maraog, Jhina, Sarain and so on. The town of Chaupal is surrounded by forest of Deodar trees .The snow clad peaks form the backdrop of the town enhances the beauty of Chaupal. The town is dotted with the wood and slate houses.The town is among the most important starting point for the tourist who like to trek to the Churdhar Peak. Among the other attractive places of the town of Chaupal,there is an old temple that is Lankra Vir.The Temple is situated above the town of Chaupal.There is another famous temple in Sarain named the Bijjat Temple. Sarain is a place located near the town of Chaupal. For reaching Chaupal one has travel for a distance of 110 km from Shimla.
Climate: In winter, the temperature can hover around freezing point when heavy woolens are required. During summer, the climate is pleasant and cottons/light woolens are suggested. Churdhar receives heavy snowfall in winter season.
• Temp in Winnter:−10 °C (14.0 °F) to 18 °C (64 °F)
• Temp in Summer:20 °C (68 °F) to 32 °C (90 °F)
• Shirgul Devta Mandir Chaupal
• Lankara Vir Devta Mandir Chaupal
• Naag Devta Mandir Maatal(Maraog)
• Shirgul Devta Mandir Churdhar
• Bijjat Devta Mandir Sarain
• Mahasu Devta Mandir Tharoch
• Pidi Mata Mandir Jhina
• Rehatna Devta Mandir Jabna(Jhina)
• Kadasan Mata Mandir Shapda (Nanhar)
• Doam Devta Mandir Bhot (Jhina)
• Diundreshvari Mata Mandir Diunder (Nanhar)
• Shirgul Devta Mandir Jodna
Famous Tourist Places:
• MAROAG (Richest village of Asia).
• BAMTA, KASHAH (kashah is a small villa but have much beautiful place & lso a rich village)"
• "POURIA" (LACHHOG)
• D.A.V CENTENATRY PUBLIC SCHOOL Chaupal.
• GOVT.SR.SC.SCHOOL Chaupal.
• GOVT. DEGREE COLLEGE Nerwa (CHAUPAL).
• HIMALAYAN PUBLIC SCHOOL Nerwa (CHAUPAL).
• SANSKRIT COLLEGE Sarain (CHAUPAL).
• BHARAT PUBLIC SCHOOL Chaupal.
• GOVT.SR.SC.SCHOOL Nerwa (CHAUPAL).
• GOVT.SR.SC.SCHOOL Kupvi (CHAUPAL).
• GOVT.SR.SC.SCHOOL sarain (CHAUPAL).
• GOVT.SR.SC.SCHOOL Throch (CHAUPAL).
• LIVING PUBLIC SCHOOL Chaupal.
• ANAND MARAG PUBLIC SCHOOL Chaupal.
• GOVT.SR.SC.SCHOOL Maraog (CHAUPAL).
• GOVT.SR.SC.SCHOOL Kiran (CHAUPAL).
• GOVT.SR.SC.SCHOOL Sari (CHAUPAL).
• GOVT.SR.SC.SCHOOL Nanhaar (CHAUPAL).
• Govt. Sr.Sec.school BAMTA,LANI(Chopal)
• Govt.middle Sr.Sec.school GHURLA(Chopal)
• Govt. primary school kashah(Chopal)
• GOVT.SR.SC.SCHOOL POURIA(CHOPAL)
Contact Person: Anup Ranta (+91 98998 35625) For all information like Tracks, Tourist Guides, Transportation and Stay.